Rupi's Dance (2003) is the fourth studio album by Jethro Tull frontman Ian Anderson. The album was released around the same time as Jethro Tull guitarist Martin Barre's new solo album, Stage Left. It also preceded Jethro Tull's album, The Jethro Tull Christmas Album. The final bonus track on this album is also the opening track to the Christmas Album. Calliandra Shade (The Cappuccino Song)" – 5:02. Rupi's Dance" – 3:00. Lost in Crowds" – 5:37. A Raft of Penguins" – 3:34. A Week of Moments" – 4:27.
Ian Anderson 2003 Rupi's Dance Not Ralitsa Vassileva.
I heard enough evidence on this album that would indicate it to be a smashing success for Ian. Followers of his solo career and his other role as the grand court jester for JETHRO TULL will find much enjoyment in this delightfully multihued group of recordings. Just in case you were wondering, this music does not sound like JETHRO TULL; it is an Ian ANDERSON solo album.
Ian Anderson - Rupi's Dance 03:00. Ian Anderson - Photo Shop 03:21.
Ian Anderson 2003 Rupi's Dance Old Black Cat. (play). Ian Anderson 2003 Rupi's Dance Wond'ring Aloud - Acoustic Session In A Stately Home, Jan 2002. cosmic boys comme une ombre original mix.
It's difficult to explain the difference between an Ian Anderson and a Jethro Tull album. After all, Anderson writes virtually all of Tull's material and his unique voice and flute playing encapsulates the band's style. And Anderson isn't necessarily prone to the stripped down, confessional approach that many frontmen take when issuing solo projects. Perhaps during this particularly productive period Anderson simply needed to separate his "regular" songwriting from the group's concurrent The Jethro Tull Christmas Album release. Yes, a more acoustic treatment.
Listen free to Ian Anderson – Rupi's Dance (Calliandra Shade (The Cappuccino Song), Rupi's Dance and more). The best "solo" album from the hands of a very good flautist, the same Ian Anderson that introduced the flute to rockmusic. This album has so many different variaties of the flute and last not least the guitar and orchester all combined on this fine album. The sound is clear and bright. Another fine album from a great performer. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.
Rupi's Dance Tracklist. Rupi's Dance Q&A. Producers Ian Anderson. Writers Ian Anderson. More Ian Anderson albums.
|1||Calliandra Shade (The Cappuccino Song)||5:02|
|3||Lost In Crowds||5:37|
|4||A Raft Of Penguins||3:34|
|5||A Week Of Moments||4:27|
|6||A Hand Of Thumbs||4:02|
|8||Old Black Cat||3:40|
|10||Pigeon Flying Over Berlin Zoo||4:18|
|12||Not Ralitsa Vassileva||4:45|
|13||Two Short Planks||4:00|
|14||Birthday Card At Christmas||3:37|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – The Ian Anderson Group Of Companies
- Copyright (c) – EMI Records Ltd.
- Accordion – Ian Anderson (tracks: 1, 9), John O'Hara (tracks: 7)
- Acoustic Guitar – Ian Anderson (tracks: 2, 3, 5 to 8, 10 to 14)
- Bass – Andrew Giddings (tracks: 12, 14), David Goodier (tracks: 6, 7, 10, 11, 13), Ian Anderson (tracks: 1)
- Bass [Acoustic] – Ian Anderson (tracks: 9)
- Double Bass – David Goodier (tracks: 2, 8)
- Drums – Doane Perry (tracks: 14), James Duncan (tracks: 1, 10, 12), Leslie Mandoki (tracks: 3 to 6)
- Electric Guitar – Martin Barre (tracks: 14)
- Flute – Ian Anderson (tracks: 2 to 7, 9 to 14)
- Flute [Bamboo] – Ian Anderson (tracks: 1, 8)
- Flute [Wooden] – Ian Anderson (tracks: 4)
- Guitar – George Kopecsni (tracks: 3, 6), Ian Anderson (tracks: 1), Ossi Schaller (tracks: 3, 6)
- Keyboards – Andrew Giddings (tracks: 10, 12, 14), John O'Hara (tracks: 11), Laszlo Bencker (tracks: 3 to 6)
- Mandolin – Ian Anderson (tracks: 9)
- Mellotron – Laszlo Bencker (tracks: 6)
- Organ [Hammond] – Laszlo Bencker (tracks: 5, 10)
- Percussion – Ian Anderson (tracks: 1, 9, 13), Leslie Mandoki (tracks: 3 to 7, 12)
- Piano – Laszlo Bencker (tracks: 5, 10, 12)
- Piccolo Flute – Ian Anderson (tracks: 4, 6, 9)
- Producer, Vocals, Written-By – Ian Anderson
- Strings – The Sturcz String Quartet (tracks: 3, 4, 10)
- Synthesizer [Moog] – Laszlo Bencker (tracks: 6)
- Udu – Leslie Mandoki (tracks: 10)
NotesTotal playing time: 55'50"
Track 14 is a Bonus Track, taken from "The Jethro Tull Christmas Album"
A release in jewel case with 8-pages booklet and clear tray.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 099991 809728
- Barcode (String): 5099991809728
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LK97
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 9R94
- Matrix / Runout: [www.takt.eu] 2100003238450 9180972
- Label Code: LC 0542
- Rights Society: SDRM/BIEM
|302 061 328 2||Ian Anderson||Rupi's Dance (CD, Album)||Fuel 2000||302 061 328 2||US||2003|
|2740-2||Ian Anderson||Rupi's Dance (CD, Album)||Sum Records||2740-2||Brazil||2003|
|260 042-6||Ian Anderson||Rupi's Dance (CD, Album)||Randm Records, Universal||260 042-6||Russia||Unknown|
|302 061 328 2||Ian Anderson||Rupi's Dance (CD, Album, Promo, Pro)||Fuel 2000||302 061 328 2||US||2003|
|RAMCD 003||Ian Anderson||Rupi's Dance (CD, Album)||RandM Records||RAMCD 003||2003|