En Esta Noche (On Nights Like This in territories) is the debut bilingual studio album by Colombian -American singer-songwriter Soraya, released on February 6, 1996 by Island Records. All the songs on the album except "Pueblito Viejo" are original and were fully or partly composed by Soraya. Soraya recorded this album over the course of two years in Abbey Road Studios in London. Musically the album is a fusion of many different genres and cultures from Colombia and world music.
Bass – Mo FosterLeader – Gavin Wright Orchestrated By – Rod ArgentWritten-By – Jose A. Morales. Soraya (6). On Nights Like This (CD, Album).
No matter what anyone says time doesn't pull you through Cause there are nights when I still cry when I think of you Sometimes it swallows me in this space I feel inside But I think of how strong you were and it Helps me to get by. And all the times when you would come to Me in my dreams I thought I was losing my mind, but it's the Sanest I've ever been And on those days when life seems too much I hear your voice and I'm comforted by your touch. On nights like this I pray That I may be worthy someday. On Nights Like This" Track Info. On Nights Like This Soraya.
Soraya burst onto the Latin pop scene in early 1996 with her debut album, En Esta Noche, and its handful of hit singles. The album-opening ballad, "De Repente," is the clear highlight. Not only is it one of her career highlights, it was one of the best Latin pop chart-toppers of the mid-'90s. A pair of standout songs follow "De Repente" here - "Quédate" and "Amor en Tus Ojos," both of which where charting singles - and another pair close out the album: "En Esta Noche" and "Pueblito Viejo
Features Song Lyrics for Soraya's On Nights Like This album. 8. On Nights Like This Lyrics. 9. Ruins in My Mind Lyrics. Soraya Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. All Music News . Popular Soraya Lyrics.
Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample). 1. 30. Suddenly (Album Version). Like many others that have been through a life-threatening illness, I took this journey a few years back after my cancer diagnosis. But I must constantly check myself to make sure that I do not get lost and forget the valuable lessons that that hardship and pain taught me. The only certainty we can count on is the uncertainty of life.
You can get here On Nights Like This Album Lyrics, Tracklist, Videos, Cover Picture and More. Soraya Wall of Smiles. Soraya En Esta Noche.
1. (00:04:01) Soraya - Suddenly. 2. (00:04:14) Soraya - Stay Awhile. 3. (00:02:58) Soraya - Love In Your Eyes.
Album · 1996 · 10 Songs. Listen on Apple Music.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Acoustic Guitar – Mitch Dalton
Bass – Mo FosterElectric Guitar – Clem Clempson
|3||Love In Your Eyes
Bass – Mo FosterOboe – Malcolm Messiter
Acoustic Guitar – Clem ClempsonBacking Vocals – Carol Kenyan*, Lance Ellington, Tessa Niles
|5||Calm Before The Storm
Bass – Mo FosterLeader [Strings] – Gavin Wright*Orchestrated By [String] – Rod Argent
|6||Ruins In My Mind||4:26|
|7||Need To Know
Electric Guitar – Mark Cresswell*
|8||Reason To Believe
Acoustic Guitar – Clem ClempsonBacking Vocals – Carol Kenyan*, Lance Ellington, Tessa NilesBass – Mo Foster
|9||On Nights Like This
Bass – Mo Foster
Bass – Mo FosterLeader [Strings] – Gavin Wright*Orchestrated By [String] – Rod ArgentWritten-By – Jose A. Morales*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Recorded At – Red House Studios
- Mastered At – Abbey Road Studios
- Mixed At – Abbey Road Studios
- Made By – PMDC, France
- Art Direction – Tony Wright
- Bass – Chris Laurence (tracks: 5, 10)
- Cello – Tony Pleeth* (tracks: 5, 10), Helen Liebmann (tracks: 5, 10), Martin Loveday (tracks: 5, 10), Paul Kegg (tracks: 5, 10)
- Design – Aldo Sampieri
- Lead Vocals, Mandolin, Acoustic Guitar, Backing Vocals – Soraya
- Management – Firstars Artist Management*
- Mastered By – Chris Blair
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Paul Hicks
- Mixed By, Recorded By – Simon Smart
- Photography By – Dorothy Low
- Producer, Drums, Percussion – Peter Van Hooke
- Producer, Keyboards – Rod Argent
- Recorded By [Strings] – John Kurlander
- Viola – Bob Smissen (tracks: 5, 10), George Robertson (tracks: 5, 10), Peter Lale (tracks: 5, 10), Will Banham (tracks: 5, 10)
- Violin – Ben Cruft (tracks: 5, 10), Boguslaw Kostecki (tracks: 5, 10), Gavin Wright* (tracks: 5, 10), Jim McLeod (tracks: 5, 10), Julian Tear (tracks: 5, 10), Maciaj Rakowski* (tracks: 5, 10), Mark Berrow (tracks: 5, 10), Michael de Saulles* (tracks: 5, 10), Peter Oxer (tracks: 5, 10), Roger Garland (tracks: 5, 10), Sonia Slany (tracks: 5, 10), Wif Gibson* (tracks: 5, 10)
- Written-By – Soraya (tracks: 1 to 9)
NotesRecorded at the Red House Studio, England
Strings recorded at Abbey Road Studio, London
Mixed at Abbey Road Studios, London
On back cover:
℗ 1996 PolyGram Records, Inc, © 1996 PolyGram Records, Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 731452900029
- Label Code: LC 0407
- Rights Society: BIEM/MCPS
- Price Code: PY 900
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): 529 000 2 90A L7 MADE IN FRANCE BY PMDC
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IPFI L004
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 0267
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): 529 000_2 90 L7 1-B MADE IN FRANCE BY PMDC
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IPFI L004
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0256
|314-529 000-2||Soraya||On Nights Like This (CD, Album)||Island Records||314-529 000-2||US||1996|
|PHCR-1821||Soraya||On Nights Like This (CD, Album)||Island Records||PHCR-1821||Japan||1996|
|529 000-2||Soraya||On Nights Like This (CD, Album)||Island Records||529 000-2||Australia||1996|
|529 000-2||Soraya||On Nights Like This (CD, Album)||London Records||529 000-2||UK||1996|