The Venetians released their debut album, Step Off the Edge, in May 1985, which was produced by Coppersmith-Heaven. Australian musicologist, Ian McFarlane, observed, " began to transcend their cult following" while the album was, "somewhat tentative. They released "Ooh La La" (November 1984) as its lead single. They supported Split Enz on the Australian leg of their Enz with a Bang farewell tour in October–November 1984. A third single, "If Somebody Loves You" (June 1986), was issued from Calling in the Lions. The album and "So Much for Love" were re-released via Chrysalis Records in the United States in 1987. The single was issued with a remixed by Robert Racic and Stephen Orkins as well as an extended Rock Mix, which reached number one on the Chicago Dance Chart.
Chrysalis releasing Calling in the Lions and the single "So Much for Love" in the United States. With the departure of Matthew Hughes in 1987, the Venetians spent the next year recording their third album, Amazing World. It produced three singles, "Amazing World", "Bitter Tears" and "Must Believe", but the chart success of Calling in the Lions wasn't to be repeated and the band broke up the following year.
On this page you can not listen to mp3 music free or download album or mp3 track to your PC, phone or tablet. All materials are provided for educational purposes. Released at: This album was released on the label Chrysalis (catalog number CHS-41555). This album was released in 1986 year. US. Format of the release is. Vinyl, LP. Album. The album included the following session artists
BPM Profile Calling in the Lions. Album starts at BPM, ends at BPM (+0), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Venetians. Get the Tempo of more than 6 Million songs. Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen). More Than a Woman (Aaliyah).
Discography: Venetians. Calling In The Lions (1986).
Album Calling in the Lions by Venetians. Tracks: 1. Venetians - So Much for Love.
|A1||So Much For Love||3:40|
|A2||One From The Heart||4:21|
|A4||If Somebody Loves You||4:05|
|A5||Let It All Go||4:16|
|B4||Believe In Me||4:12|
|B5||Do It Together||4:52|
- Recorded At – Festival Studios
- Mixed At – EMI Studios 301
- Mixed At – Festival Studios
- Mixed At – Rhinoceros Studios
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Parole Records
- Copyright (c) – Parole Records
- Copyright (c) – CBS Songs (Aust) Pty. Ltd.
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Artwork, Cover – David Art Wales
- Drums – Tim Powles
- Engineer – Andrew Scott, David Cafe
- Guitar, Bass, Synthesizer, Vocals – Watson*
- Guitar, Vocals – David Skeet
- Keyboards – Matthew Hughes
- Photography By – Wendy McDougall
- Producer – Mark Opitz (tracks: A1, B1), Peter Blyton (tracks: A2 to A5, B2 to B5)
- Vocals – Rik Swinn
NotesA1: Mixed at 301 Studios, Sydney.
B5: Mixed at Rhinoceros Recorders, Sydney.
A2, A3, A4, A5, B1, B2, B3, B4 Mixed at Festival Studios.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout area side A): BFV 41555 AS Pil Sterling
- Matrix / Runout (Runout area side B): BFV 41555 BS Pi Sterling Tj (AP) P
- Matrix / Runout (Label side A): BFV 41555 AS
- Matrix / Runout (Label side B): BFV 41555 BS
- Barcode (Text): 0 4411-41555-1
- Barcode (Scanned): 044114155515
|CD 53204, none||Venetians*||Calling In The Lions (CD, Album)||Festival Records, Parole Records||CD 53204, none||Australia||1986|
|CHS-41555||Venetians*||Calling In The Lions (LP, Album)||Chrysalis||CHS-41555||Canada||1986|
|CHS-41555||Venetians*||Calling In The Lions (LP, Album)||Chrysalis||CHS-41555||US||1986|
|RML 53204||Venetians*||Calling In The Lions (LP, Album)||Festival Records, Parole Records||RML 53204||Australia & New Zealand||1986|