Mostly deep drone harmonies, accompanied by a subtile and dark melody. Creating a lyrical sound without lyrics, in the warm shade of Icelandic and Canadian predecessors. Not an overtrained musician but a connoisseur of african cultures. Former member of Ghent based quartet Zura Zaj, participating in different projects such as neoclassical between-whiles-band Ana Barii.
Music, CD Ambient, Drone, Neoclassical. Consouling Sounds in Ghent mailed us a download of the album Mirre by Innerwoud, the solo project of Pieter-Jan Van Assche, who creates a whole separate world of sounds and colours with his double bass. The instrument is often used in drone productions, but in this case the tracks are made with only one double bass and that's very special.
Innerwoud Release New Album Mirre. As we head inexorably toward the darkest day of the year, what better time to indulge a bit of full-on string-based melancholy. The one-man outfit’s new outing, Mirre, has been newly released and is four tracks of experimentalism that seems to be actively eschewing classical tags in favor of more modern evocations
- Recorded At – Dive Studios
- Mastered At – Electric Blue Studios
- Artwork, Design – Bram Bentein
- Mastered By – Brian Wenckebach
- Mixed By – Jasper Maekelberg
- Percussion – Karen Willems
- Photography By – Karmen Ayvazyan
- Recorded By – Kristof Deneijs
- Vocals – Lydia Debeer
- Written By, Performer, Double Bass, Electronics – Pieter-Jan Van Assche
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 3 481574 749859
|SOULLIV||Innerwoud||Mirre (LP)||Consouling Sounds||SOULLIV||Belgium||2015|