Mozart's Clarinet Concerto in A major, K. 622, and Clarinet Quintet in A major, K. 581, are masterpieces of the period at the end of his life, and they've been recorded hundreds if not thousands of times. To come up with a standout recording at this point, and indeed without doing anything radical, is quite an accomplishment, but that's what Israeli-German violinist Sharon Kam does here
Mozart's Clarinet Concerto in A major, K. To come up with a standout recording at this point, and indeed without doing anything radical, is quite an accomplishment, but that's what Israeli-German violinist Sharon Kam does here
Sharon Kam, Württembergisches Kammerorchester Heilbronn, Ruben Gazarian. Brahms: Clarinet Quintet. Jerusalem Quartet, Sharon Kam. The Voice of the Clarinet. Sharon Kam. Brahms: Sonatas & Trios. Sharon Kam, Martin Helmchen, Gustav Rivinius. Sharon Kam, Itamar Golan. Rietz, Bruch & Weber: The Romantic Clarinet. Related Artists.
With Ms. Kam the Clarinet Concerto sings. From the rhapsodic tranquility of the first movement through the sweet, wistful, melancholic flow of the second movement to the energetic playfulness of the finale, Ms. Kam and the Haydn Philharmonic are in complete accord with the material, producing a warm, elegant, refined, and moving interpretation. In the accompanying work, the Quintet for Clarinet, Two Violins, Viola and Violoncello in A major, KV581 (1789), four other distinguished players join Ms. Kam: Isabelle van Keulen, violin; Ulrike-Anima Mathe, violin; Volker Jackobsen, viola; and Gustav Rivinius, violoncello. Their execution is wonderfully lyrical and relaxed and their playing ideal, with the resonant sound of the basset clarinet lending an agreeably vibrant sonority to the proceedings.
Sharon Kam - Mozart: Clarinet Concerto & Quintet (English Trailer). Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Clarinet Concerto in A major, . 22 (Arngunnur Árnadóttir, clarinet). on Oct 17, 2015 by Iceland Symphony Orchestra. Aaron Copland - Concerto For Clarinet (American Classics - Sharon Kam). on Jan 10, 2014 by Only Clarinet Music. on Jan 08, 2012 by LastedWave. Mozart: Clarinet Concerto: II.
|Concerto For Clarinet And Orchestra In A major, KV 622|
|3||III. Rondo. Allegro||8:27|
|Quintet For Clarinet, Two Violins, Viola And Violoncello In A Major, KV 581 "Stadler Quintett"|
|7||IV. Allegretto Con Variazioni||9:15|
- Clarinet [Basset Clarinet] – Sharon Kam
- Composed By – Mozart*
- Conductor – Sharon Kam (tracks: 1, 2, 3)
- Design – Groothuis, Lohfert, Consorten
- Executive-Producer – Marita Prohmann
- Illustration [Mozart Portrait] – Johann Georg Edlinger
- Liner Notes – Oliver Buslau
- Liner Notes [Translation] – J & M Berridge
- Orchestra – Österreichisch-Ungarische Haydn-Philharmonie* (tracks: 1, 2, 3)
- Photography – Bernhard Wolff, Maike Helbig, Marco Borggreve
- Producer [Recording], Engineer [Balance], Edited By – Eberhard Hinz
- Viola – Volker Jacobsen (tracks: 4, 5, 6, 7)
- Violin – Isabelle van Keulen (tracks: 4, 5, 6, 7), Ulrike-Anima Mathé (tracks: 4, 5, 6, 7)
- Violoncello – Gustav Rivinius (tracks: 4, 5, 6, 7)
NotesRecording: November 8, 2009, Kempen, Paterskirche (KV 622); March 2-3, 2010, Hannover Congress Centrum, Beethovensaal (KV 581).
℗ & © 2011 Edel Germany GmbH.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 782124166724